Neuro- Linguistic Programming
“You already possess the most powerful tool known to mankind – the human mind. Unfortunately, it didn’t come with a set of instructions, so you probably don’t yet know how to use your mind to its full potential”
This is where Neuro-Linguistic Programming (NLP) comes in. Using tried and tested techniques, NLP allows you to unlock the ‘secret code’ to your mind’s potential, giving you a degree of command over your feelings and control over your thoughts you may never have believed is possible.
NLP was initially created by Richard Bandler and John Grinder in 1975 who began by developing models based on top communicators of the time. Their goal was to discover why certain people produced excellence and then to create models to allow other people similar behaviour. Initially they studied the likes of Milton Eriksson, Fritz Perls and Virginia Satir but over the years many other have contributed to the growth of this field.
People practicing NLP have certain beliefs presuppositions that are useful for creating change in themselves and others. Here are a few of them.
- Resistance in a client is a sign of lack of rapport – There are no resistant clients only inflexible communicators
- People are not their behaviours – Accept the person and change the behaviour
- The map is not the territory – The words we use are NOT the event or the item they represent
- The Law of Requisite Variety – The system/person with the most flexibility of behaviour will control the system
- There is no failure, only feedback.
- All procedures are designed to increase choice
- You are in charge of your mind and therefore your results
- The meaning of communication is the response that you get
- If someone can do something then it can be modelled and taught
- People have all the resources they need to succeed and to achieve their desired outcomes – They just need to know how to access them
- Everyone is doing the best they can with the resources they have available – Behaviour is geared for adaptation and present behaviour is the best choice available. Every behaviour is motivated by positive intent.`
NLP is a set of insights and skills…
…with which you can actively use your mind and your emotions and your body…
… to run your own life more successfully…
….and to communicate with other people with extraordinary effectiveness.
NLP is an ever-growing collection of information, insights and mental techniques that can enable you to improve how you think, behave and feel – NLP will enable you to:
- Do whatever you already do reasonably well, even better.
- Acquire skills and attitudes to do what you cannot do right now, but would like to be able to do.
- Communicate more effectively with others
- Think more clearly
- Manage your thoughts, moods and behaviours more effectively.
NLP :one of the best forms of personal and professional development where desired changes in your performance that typically take months or years are achieved in three one hour sessions.
By asking specific questions like “What do you want?” we access the goal-seeking part of your nervous system (Neuro); by using clean and reflective language (Linguistic) such as “what will you see, hear and feel?” we activate your senses; by creating new mind sets ( Programming) you ensure that your desired changes are achieved personally and professionally.”
NLP can help you to:
- Create outcomes that include health.
- Manage your state; learn how to enter relaxed states that aid recovery.
- React differently to stressful situations.
- Find meaning in your life.
- Change limiting beliefs about body shape and other inherited conditions.
- Change habits and behaviours that damage your health into ones that sustain it.
And much, much, more….
I’ve absolutely recommended Its Therapy to all my contacts. I finally managed to break through what felt like years of darkness. Thank you all for your help
When it comes to caring for my child’s developmental needs, I know that Its Therapy has only the best in mind for my daughter. She has been helped immensly